THE AMATEUR GOLF WORLD CUP
Tournament Rules & Regulations
Rules can be subject to changes leading up to the event if the Organizer deems necessary.
The Organizer asks all participants to check the rules & regulations prior to the event
in order to avoid any confusion. For any questions please contact
the organizers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1.1. The rules of reference are those of the Royal & Ancient et the USGA
1.2. Each team will need to meet the requirements of the Amateur Statute Rules.
2. For Team Members
2.1. Each national team consists of two team members who won the 1st place in their national qualification, or one player who finished first in the 1st category and one player who finished first in the 2nd category. In case one of the first players withdraws, LeClub Golf International (LCI) is granted the right to qualify another player who participated in the qualification tournament.
2.2. Each team member will need to be at least 18 years old the day of their national final tournament. In the case where a finalist is under 18 years old and still wishes to compete in the international final, he/she must be accompanied by an adult (their costs will not be taken charge of by the organizers).
The categories will be mixed.
• The 1st category brings together male and female players with a handicap equal or under 14.9.
• The 2nd category brings together all players with a handicap equal or above 15.0
The category which will be taken into account will be the one which the players holds at the time of the national qualification final.
Each national promoter will have the responsibility of notifying LCI the qualified updated players’ handicaps.
The decimals of the Handicap will be rounded as follows:
• 0,1-0,2-0,3-0,4 will be rounded to the lower whole number
• 0,5-0,6-0,7-0,8-0,9 will be rounded to the whole number above.
A player with handicap 24.0 or higher may attend but his/her hcp will be limited to 24.0.
Note: in case of non-eligibility, the player will be disqualified.
3. Official tournament:
1st round: 18 holes / two players scramble in stableford
2nd & 3rd round: 18 holes / individual stableford
The ranking is established by adding up the following scores of each national team:
1st round: gross score + net score
2nd & 3rd round: gross score + net score of each player
4. Guest & Media Tournament:
1st, 2nd & 3rd round: 18 holes / individual stableford
The ranking is made by adding up:
1st, 2nd & 3rd round: gross score + net score
5. Shots Received:
The system used to calculate the shots received in Scramble in Stableford will be explained at the tournament presentation meeting before the start of the tournament.
In the case of a tie, the tiebreaker will be done over the highest total of the hardest hole of the course (handicap 1), in the case of another tie, it will be done on the best total on the second hardest hole (handicap 2), then the 3rd hardest hole and so on… until the tie is broken.
7. Pace of play
Players could be penalized if they do not respect the pace of play.
8. Entries must be submitted to the AGWC organization by the promoters of each national qualification tournament taking part in the AGWC. Entries are free of charge.
9. Every player will need to register at the tournament office the day before the tournament or two days before the 1st round, in the case they do not register they can be disqualified. Registration via phone-call will be accepted.
10. Practice is forbidden in the Golf Course as from the 1st day of the event and will remain so until the official announcement of the results. Training in the practice areas is allowed.
11. The Event Committee will be comprised of the Amateur Golf World Cup organization team and an official on-course Referee.
12. Only the information displayed on the official event board will act as official information.
MESUREMENT TOOLS & CADDIES
13. All distance measuring equipment will be allowed, except from equipment which measure height differences.
14. Each player might be accompanied by only one amateur caddy, who can not be a professional caddy or a professional golfer.
15. A player who is not accompanied by an amateur caddy, may receive advice from the other player on the team.
1st, 2nd & 3rd Team
1st, 2nd & 3rd Individual in each category (2 categories)
Guest & Media Tournament:
1st, 2nd & 3rd Individual (1 category)